PDA

View Full Version : New Software for 5G and Nano

TobyM
Jan 11, 2006, 01:24 AM
a new software has been released today, version 1.1 for nano and 5g, including suppurt for the radio remote and some bug fixes.

there are also new software versions for mini, 4g and photo.

KKKL
Jan 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
i hope 5g will support more video formats
there 's a lot of .mov to download, they are supported by iTunes but not iPod

Cue
Jan 11, 2006, 05:17 AM
anyone knows what changes brings to the ipod mini?

croshtique
Jan 11, 2006, 07:08 AM
anyone knows what changes brings to the ipod mini?

Just "bug fixes" apparently.

TobyM
Jan 11, 2006, 07:09 AM
according to some users, intelligent playlists will work again!
thatīs the reason why thereīs an update also for 4g, mini and photo...even if they donīt support the new radio remote.

Cue
Jan 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
according to some users, intelligent playlists will work again!

Ill take that by intelligent you mean smart ;)
I wasn't aware of a problem...isn't the ipod updating the smart playlists accordingly?

Chundles
Jan 11, 2006, 08:04 AM
i hope 5g will support more video formats
there 's a lot of .mov to download, they are supported by iTunes but not iPod

.mov is a container, not a codec. They don't need to support any more types of files. It's piss easy to convert an avi to an iPod compatible format.

Right, too much booze, time for beddy byes.

FadeToBlack
Jan 11, 2006, 08:23 AM
Don't know if I'm just imagining things or not, but my 5th Gen. seems to go through menus faster, etc.

nomad01
Jan 11, 2006, 08:35 AM
Don't know if I'm just imagining things or not, but my 5th Gen. seems to go through menus faster, etc.

Yeah a few people have said the same thing and I'd agree. Once it's finished buffering, it seems to move between songs quicker than before too. Not exactly a blazing speed but better.

Seems that the option of turning the backlight on and off with the menu button isn't working... on the iPod with video anyway.

FadeToBlack
Jan 11, 2006, 08:55 AM
Seems that the option of turning the backlight on and off with the menu button isn't working... on the iPod with video anyway.

Yeah, I never really used that feature, (I have the timer set to 10 seconds) but it isn't working for me, either.

croshtique
Jan 11, 2006, 09:12 AM

I can confirm that as well.

nomad01
Jan 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I never really used that feature, (I have the timer set to 10 seconds) but it isn't working for me, either.

Same here. Worth the upgrade for the less laggy interface for me.

Very happy so far.:)

sebisworld
Jan 11, 2006, 09:47 AM
It works here.