PDA

View Full Version : No price drop on imac g5!!!!!!!!!

Macmadant
Jan 11, 2006, 01:37 AM
:mad: who the hell is going to buy a imac g5 for the same price as intel imacs when apple is branding them 3x slower:mad:

MacTruck
Jan 11, 2006, 01:38 AM
:mad: who the hell is going to buy a imac g5 for the same price as intel imacs when apple is branding them 3x slower:mad:

Suckas.

shadowmoses
Jan 11, 2006, 03:06 AM

I get what you mean but i can assure you many people will still buy the PPC version as they are scared of getting a Rev A Mactel, also they may realise that it is unlikely they are actually 3x slower in real life usage,

SHadow

howesey
Jan 11, 2006, 03:19 AM
Then there are people like me who have had the iMac fo a month and a bit and now feels really pissed off.

groovebuster
Jan 11, 2006, 03:58 AM

That is exactly the point! Who would buy one of the new Intel iMacs, if the old ones would cost significantly less? Apple wants a fast transition to Intel in order to force the developers to provide universal binaries for their apps. On top it would be stupid for Apple to sell the old iMacs for less money and not earning a cent anymore. Think before you are ranting next time...

Thanks!

groovebuster