Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
Morning

Has anyone come up with a good way to fix what Apple did years ago for displaying tv shows? For me, to get to 'White Collar' or something else down the list, I still have to scroll through 3 seasons of 'Arrow', 6 seasons of 'Castle', 4 seasons of 'Downton Abbey' ... etc. I have over 2000 shows so I have a lot of seasons to go through. I use iVI and iflicks for tagging. I miss the old menu days when I would see just one 'Arrow', 'Castle', 'Hogans Heroes', 'Magnum PI' ... etc

I submit it on the feedback page for the ATV but they probably have me blocked by now.

Any good suggestions out there?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I wish they were laid out the same way the iTunes purchased ones are - with the large artwork of the most recent season but with all the seasons behind that when you click on it.

Also, no search? Really? in 2014 I can't just start typing on the Remote app an have it show me the content on my computer or the store?

kmoreau48

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
I wish they were laid out the same way the iTunes purchased ones are - with the large artwork of the most recent season but with all the seasons behind that when you click on it.

Also, no search? Really? in 2014 I can't just start typing on the Remote app an have it show me the content on my computer or the store?

Could you use the remote app to control your itunes library directly instead of passing by the apple TV? I just tried it and it still shows all the seasons of each TV shows but at least you can search your library

I don't have this issued because I have my macbook pro on my lap when I watch a TV show using the apple TV.

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Morning

Has anyone come up with a good way to fix what Apple did years ago for displaying tv shows? For me, to get to 'White Collar' or something else down the list, I still have to scroll through 3 seasons of 'Arrow', 6 seasons of 'Castle', 4 seasons of 'Downton Abbey' ... etc. I have over 2000 shows so I have a lot of seasons to go through. I use iVI and iflicks for tagging. I miss the old menu days when I would see just one 'Arrow', 'Castle', 'Hogans Heroes', 'Magnum PI' ... etc

I submit it on the feedback page for the ATV but they probably have me blocked by now.

Any good suggestions out there?

I use playlists and folders to simulate the old ATV menu. I never scroll down the first TV menu (unless I haven't made a playlist yet). I click THE menu 'Playlists' first, and then use my playlist organization method.

HTH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.