Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAnvil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Hi,

If some Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 user could post the temperatures you're are running at idle??

Using the Bresink, I am getting:

awulw4.png

Thank you!

PLEASE [2012] 2.3GHz i7 ONLY.

RCAFBrat

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
Montreal, QC
Sorry, newbie question:

Why are there temps for TB port 1 and port 2 when the 2012 has a single TB port?

Also curious if you think you have an issue; those temps look just fine assuming ambient air is taken within the Mini although admittedly I don't have a Mini (yet) to compare to.

Roadking714

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2014
My Cpu core 1 DTS was at 200* while running Parallels playing walking dead. As soon as I shut down Parallels went down to 138* is it safe to run it at that temp?

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
My Cpu core 1 DTS was at 200* while running Parallels playing walking dead. As soon as I shut down Parallels went down to 138* is it safe to run it at that temp?

Yes, that means you were only running about 93C (I'd recommend using Celsius when discussing CPU temps since that is the industry standard). Intel processors are good to 100+C. If you would (somehow) exceed the max temp, your CPU would shut off protecting it from any real damage.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Yes, that means you were only running about 93C (I'd recommend using Celsius when discussing CPU temps since that is the industry standard). Intel processors are good to 100+C. If you would (somehow) exceed the max temp, your CPU would shut off protecting it from any real damage.

yep. My girlfriend has had first class experience with this with her laptop shutting off in the middle of a WoW raid. I think thats where I get my sailor mouth from. every time her computer randomly shutting off from heat you hear $%^#@.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.