Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I have Evernote Premium, Dropbox and Penultimate....afaik none of these is able to do the following:

-open PDF
-paint in it
-write text in it
-share the pdf on ipad, so that i can continue reading/learning from it on my Macbook

Is there any app that is able to do so? Or is one of mine able to do so and i'm just too dumb?^^
If there is an awesome pdf editor, which is able to upload it to my Evernote/Dropbox account, that would be ok, too.

Thanks guys :)

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I use GoodReader for my pdf reading and annotating. When you say "paint", as long as you mean something very rudimentary, as in freehand draw with limited pens, etc., then this should do. Nor will you be able to truly edit the pdf, as in editing existing text, or moving objects around. But you can annotate in a number of ways, save those annotations to the file, and transfer the new file to your computer.

Sorry, I don't know if the apps you have should work. But I don't recall hearing them mentioned in discussions of pdf annotators. iAnnotate is another one that is respectable. I don't like it as much as GoodReader, personally.

Last edited:

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I use GoodReader for my pdf reading and annotating. When you say "paint", as long as you mean something very rudimentary, as in freehand draw with limited pens, etc., then this should do. Nor will you be able to truly edit the pdf, as in editing existing text, or moving objects around. But you can annotate in a number of ways, save those annotations to the file, and transfer the new file to your computer.

Sorry, I don't know if the apps you have should work. But I don't recall hearing them mentioned in discussions of pdf annotators. iAnnotate is another one that is respectable. I don't like it as much as GoodReader, personally.

That's what i meant with painting^^
Thanks.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Another one to check is PDF Expert 5 by Readdle. I don't have experience with it, but it appears to be well-liked. My impression of Readdle is good, and they have a number of solid products which may suggest stability and longevity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.