Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmp71701

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
I was trying to create a document through the docs in Google Drive App for iPad. The format had an automatic preset of double-spacing, & I couldn't figure out how to make it single.

Apparently, there is VERY limited formatting options for the docs through the App, but when I edit a document by logging into Google Drive through Safari browser, it is a completely different experience - lots of options, like a normal word processing program.

What gives? Why is Google limiting the document editing options on the App?

For that matter, why won't they go ahead and allow complete offline editing, instead of having to send it to another App program?

Please, someone enlighten me!

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Why do you even bother using Google Apps? They suck big time...

Use iWork, or Microsoft Office. Especially MS Office is the best Office suite available. It might cost some money, but there is no comparison to Google apps..

rmp71701

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Why do you even bother using Google Apps? They suck big time...

Use iWork, or Microsoft Office. Especially MS Office is the best Office suite available. It might cost some money, but there is no comparison to Google apps..

"It might cost some money" is the reason why I haven't jumped over to Office for the iPad. I'm kind of miffed at Microsoft for forcing us down the path to subscribing to Office 365 in order to use Word on ipad. I refuse to play their game that way. Just give us the $30 or whatever option for a complete Word App with full functionality, for crying out loud.

Anyway, for the limited amount of times I do need to do some document creation on the ipad, Google Docs/Drive App *could* be just the perfect thing for me, if Google wasn't so fickle about what they will allow. Again, I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of getting into Google Drive through a browser in order to have full editing capabilities. If Google doesn't want that in their App, then just get rid of editing option all together. Don't just tease us with like 4 options. C'mon Google! Either piss or get off the pot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.