Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

findpankaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
Apple store site still shows that ibooks and Powerbooks are being shipped with iLife 05 and Iwork 05. Thats crazy stuff. Who the hell cares about new Intel computers (sorry folks atleast I am not). Its all buzz apple is creating. They should put iLife 06 right away in every new computer they ship. iWork is anyways a trial software they put so who cares...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
findpankaj said:
Apple store site still shows that ibooks and Powerbooks are being shipped with iLife 05 and Iwork 05. Thats crazy stuff. Who the hell cares about new Intel computers (sorry folks atleast I am not). Its all buzz apple is creating. They should put iLife 06 right away in every new computer they ship. iWork is anyways a trial software they put so who cares...

Sometimes they get excited with all the other updates. They might already be imaging them with iLife 06. If you're thinking about ordering, and you want to know, call them. I wouldn't assume that the lack of an update in the store is indicative of their intentions....

findpankaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Sometimes they get excited with all the other updates. They might already be imaging them with iLife 06. If you're thinking about ordering, and you want to know, call them. I wouldn't assume that the lack of an update in the store is indicative of their intentions....

They are excited Indeed. I tried reaching Support but the rep told me to hold so that she can enquire and then never came back...I am sure this is one odd incident (Apple support is good)...After your suggestion, i called again. This time I was told that they are shipping iLife 06 with all the computers.:)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Good, I'm glad! Not something Apple should lose you as a customer over. :) Hope you enjoy your new Mac, if you decide to snap on one! I'm lusting after an iMac Core Duo, but I think I'm going to wait for six months or so and get one when they start being available refurb. :)

findpankaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Good, I'm glad! Not something Apple should lose you as a customer over. :) Hope you enjoy your new Mac, if you decide to snap on one! I'm lusting after an iMac Core Duo, but I think I'm going to wait for six months or so and get one when they start being available refurb. :)

Refurbs are a good buy...very unlikely though for an iMac with Intel inside..with all the hype around it and specially the x times faster gimmick :D

Anyways all the best...I am buying a mac mini with a big display..

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
findpankaj said:
Refurbs are a good buy...very unlikely though for an iMac with Intel inside..with all the hype around it and specially the x times faster gimmick :D

Oh, they'll come eventually...it's just a matter of time. By the end of the year, the iMac Core Duo will probably even get a processor and specs refresh, judging from Apple's past behavior. :) And there'll always be some returned units or whatever...

And if not, well, eventually, my iMac lust will boil over and I'll buy myself a new one! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.