Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Hello all,
So a few days ago, my GTX 660 died while I was playing BioShock under Boot Camp, and since then, I cannot seem to get back into my Boot Camp drive. If I Option+Boot into Windows, I get stuck at two white screens (my original Radeon 2600 XT is driving 2 monitors) with the black bezel around them, often seen when the graphics driver is incompatible. So, I booted up my BootCamp partition in Fusion 6, removed all of my NVIDIA drivers, and tried again. No luck. So that made me think that maybe there was some kind of startup issue, and that's when things got weird. I booted into my Windows 8.1 install DVD, and got the same result. Two white screens. Just to be sure nothing was redirecting my boot path, I yanked the Windows drive. Same result. Anyone ever come across this? I have reset the PRAM and can boot into OS X just fine.
Thanks for the help.
-N

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Update: It's the card. Doesn't want to boot any form of Windows. I popped in a Geforce 405 and don't have any problems. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.