PDA

View Full Version : Any increase in iPod theft with Video...?

mikebatho
Jan 12, 2006, 06:08 AM
Anyone read any stats on this?

I'm thinking that with the regular ipod, mini or even nano, if you're using it on public transport, you can be pretty discreet with the operation of the unit, or even not choose to touch the thing once you're on your bus & have it playing your tunes....

However if you're gonna be watching video, it's gonna be much harder to conceal the fact that you're holding an expensive, sought-after piece of kit.

So in theory, someone could follow you off the bus & try & take your pod.

Might not be the case at all, but I was wondering if there is any early evidence, of if anyone has concerns?

jadekitty24
Jan 12, 2006, 07:09 AM
I don't know anything about actual statistics but I will say to those commuting please keep your gadgets hidden. Theft isn't the only thing to worry about with iPods (or any other hot-ticket item). I knew a kid who got the crap beat out of him for his jacket. At the time Starter jackets were "the thing" you must own. I remember the status level you would get exulted to if you owned one, quite like the iPod of today. A few years after that I knew another dude who got beaten up for a cell phone. I believe it was the Razr, when it first came out. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks-2 broken ribs, a broken arm, a sprained ankle and a concussion later, he, who didn't do anything to invoke this, just wished to hell that he didn't pull out that phone when he did. I remember getting so mad that he had to feel that way. It's sad that we can't just live but unfortnately there are those who wouldn't think twice about ruining someone's life to get what they should have earned in the first place. Sorry if I sound a bit paranoid, but in this day and age we just can't be as carefree as we would like.