PDA

View Full Version : One of coolest phones I've ever seen

lmalave
Jan 10, 2003, 09:20 AM
Take a look at this:

http://a799.g.akamai.net/3/799/388/a4588c07fc310e/msnbc.com/news/1750642.jpg

That's the most innovative design I've seen for integrating a qwerty keypad into a phone. And when folded it looks like regular little Nokia phone!

Over Achiever
Jan 10, 2003, 09:58 AM
Wow! That is cool.

Here's the pic.

iShater
Jan 10, 2003, 10:38 AM
Wow, that is a great idea!

rainman::|:|
Jan 10, 2003, 12:35 PM
Wow, i love Nokia's form factor but this is amazing. Is this just a prototype, or close to production? I'm still getting a Mot T720i, but this makes me a little less confident. I've never been able to use word-anticipation correctly on a mobile phone, a QWERTY would be wonderful... without the bulk of a Communicator...

:)
pnw

Juventuz
Jan 10, 2003, 01:01 PM
Don't get the T720, I'm sorely disappointed with mine. I've had a number of problems with it and have gotten two new ones since. Not to mention that you have to pay for everything on the phone, god forbid you try to upload a pic or new ringtone. It'll cost you.

I should have switched from Verizon to one of the other carriers and gotten a phone I wanted.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 10, 2003, 01:04 PM
Very nice, but I imagine only racoons would be able to use the keypad effectively with any speed. I wonder how well it works as a phone.

D

technocoy
Jan 10, 2003, 01:48 PM
my boss now has one of the p800's from sony ericsson... i played with it quite a bit yesterday, and the screen is just beautiful... it's by far the best version of a phone/PDA i've seen so far. we do alot of work with sony ericsson and i've been giving our contact crap about the delays for quite some time, but after my boss got one i asked her ETA, and she said "it WILL be here in Feb..

trust me, wait for it especially if you have a mac!

technocoy:D

rainman::|:|
Jan 10, 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Juventuz
Don't get the T720, I'm sorely disappointed with mine. I've had a number of problems with it and have gotten two new ones since. Not to mention that you have to pay for everything on the phone, god forbid you try to upload a pic or new ringtone. It'll cost you.

I should have switched from Verizon to one of the other carriers and gotten a phone I wanted.

Thanks for the heads-up... I wasn't sure if i was going to get the camera module, since i saw it costs to send pics, but it costs to download ringtones?! they never mention that, wonder why :P i picked it out because i always loved the StarTac phones, and this looks like one of those that's been updated. but it does seem lacking in a few features... perhaps i will do a little more shopping around on the subject :)

pnw

MacFan25
Jan 10, 2003, 04:10 PM
Yeah, that it a nice looking phone. I wonder how much it is.

lmalave
Jan 10, 2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Very nice, but I imagine only racoons would be able to use the keypad effectively with any speed. I wonder how well it works as a phone.

D

Well, the keys are no smaller than those of the very popular Blackberry or Treo devices. And I imagine its no worse as a phone than any other Nokia model.

alset
Jan 11, 2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel

Thanks for the heads-up... I wasn't sure if i was going to get the camera module, since i saw it costs to send pics, but it costs to download ringtones?! they never mention that, wonder why :P

pnw

Well, of course, I wouldn't tell you about that if I wanted you to buy it. 8)

Personally, I am a Sprint man. Has anyone used the new PCS Vision phones? I am curious about them, though it isn't likely I will buy one. My current phone still works just fine.

Dan