Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I'm not that into video on my Macs. But a friend with an iBook is. What is the best camera -- is it an iSight? What do you guys think is so great about it? And how did Apple get such a small camera in the new MacBook P? Seems like it must be some sort of small surgery camera meant to go down someone's throat!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
When the iSight was first introduced, the quality was much better than any other camera out there. BY now, I'm sure many cameras can match the iSight.

Why do all of us like them so much? Look at the name of this website (MacRumors) and then think of the brand that makes the iSight. :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
EricNau said:
When the iSight was first introduced, the quality was much better than any other camera out there. BY now, I'm sure many cameras can match the iSight.

Why do all of us like them so much? Look at the name of this website (MacRumors) and then think of the brand that makes the iSight. :)

Not many webcams that can match the 640x480 resolution and quality of the iSight even today. There's been a few similar FW cameras here and there, although they're usually only a few $ cheaper than the iSight making them not worth it.

I have an iSight and I love it! If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me or ask whatever you want!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.