Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solsearchin

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Can someone help me out? Do I do the CMD + R then erase the full harddrive? What happens after that? That's what I can't figure out. I'm not sure if I need to load mavericks on a USB or if it reloads the system itself, any help would be appreciated.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
Usually it's like this erase the partition > reinstall OS X (from the cmd + R menu)

It's how I've done it

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Can someone help me out? Do I do the CMD + R then erase the full harddrive? What happens after that? That's what I can't figure out. I'm not sure if I need to load mavericks on a USB or if it reloads the system itself, any help would be appreciated.

Give this a look.

Just command-r boot to recovery and erase Macintosh HD with Disk Util then quit Disk Util and click reinstall OS X. When the install is done you will get a setup screen. When that happens just power down and you are done.

solsearchin

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Thanks! That was the most helpful. I tried google but kept getting mixed answers. Cheers

Give this a look.

Just command-r boot to recovery and erase Macintosh HD with Disk Util then quit Disk Util and click reinstall OS X. When the install is done you will get a setup screen. When that happens just power down and you are done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.