PDA

View Full Version : Songs cutting off on iPod

micvog
Jan 12, 2006, 10:06 PM
I am running the latest version of iTunes on OS X 10.4.4 and also have a 4GB Nano upgraded to the 1.1 firmware, however, I have had the following problem for a few months and it seems to be getting worse:

When playing songs on my Nano (and previously on my 3G iPod) the songs get cut-off. That is, as an example, 3 minutes into a 5 minute song it advances to the next song (note that the iPod shows the 5 minute song as being only 3 minutes... i.e. when playing it would shows 5 seconds elapsed and 2:55 remaining).

When playing the same song on iTunes, it will at first show it being a 3 minute song but within 1 to 2 seconds update to showing it as a 5 minute song. After re-syncing my Nano, the Nano will play fine. However every day it seems there are another 2-3 songs with this problem. FWIW, all my songs are encoded at 192k AAC.

Any ideas? I was thinking of re-importing all of my songs into iTunes (i.e. maybe the iTunes database is corrupted), but I have all my songs (4000+) rated and don't want to have to re-enter it.

Simplistic
Jan 12, 2006, 10:26 PM
The firmware is messed up. It's worse on iPod video. After about 10 seconds, it pauses, then continues without sound. They rushed this update for the radio thing. It sucks.

amholl
Jan 12, 2006, 10:50 PM
I have the same w/ my video. I just restored and it seems 2 be better.

Piarco
Jan 13, 2006, 09:34 AM
Another case here - 4GB nano. Only been 2 songs (that I'm aware of) so far, each ending 30sec-1min before its supposed to.
After the first time it happened, a re-sync seemed to sort it out. I'll have to wait until my PB returns from AppleCare to correct the latest error...

greineam
Jan 13, 2006, 11:41 AM
My 40 gig iPod Photo did the same thing on a few songs and those songs did it in iTunes as well. They seem to be somehow corrupted, so I've deleted them and reimported and they work fine. Hopefully it won't happen to one that I don't have a hard copy of on CD!!!

AudiGuy
Jan 25, 2006, 07:35 PM
i had the same prob with my 4g nano too but it only happened like 3 times.