Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkanne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I currently have my 15 inch rMBP bootcamped with Windows 7 and continue to experience erratic behavior with the keyboard/mouse.

Most noticeably, there are delays in the time it takes the computer to recognize my trackpad/keyboard after startup. This problem initially only took place when starting up Windows 7, but now the delays seem to have inflicted the Mac side of my computer as well.

The delays/freezes last anywhere from 15 seconds to 5 minutes. Can anyone explain to me the source of this problem, or provide a solution to it? It's not the end of the world, but I would like to be able to switch back and forth between the partitions without delays.

Thanks so much for any insight/guidance you can provide!

phokur

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2014
I had the same problem and didn't have much luck searching. After poking around I discovered it was the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver. If you uninstall that, your problem will be solved... except you won't have a driver for your USB 3.0 controller. For me, that disabled my sd card reader and webcam (and probably USB ports). Looks like the driver Intel wrote just takes a long freakin time to initialize on boot. For some people. Really odd how rare and random of an issue it is. Hoping an update will come along eventually to patch this. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain a wipe and reinstall of Win7 and the Bootcamp drivers will fix whatever went wrong.

If you find out a work around, please share!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.