PDA

View Full Version : Selling from a Pay-pal account

minitrialer
Jan 13, 2006, 12:35 PM
Hi, i am currently making a site on photography and also selling a few other media orientated bits n bobs. I was thinking, well, seriously considering, about selling from a pay-pal account on the site, i am aware they take a percentage plus about 30p of your sales, but that isn't too much, and i am posting to see if you lovely people have any information on it, have used it or know of any pro's or con's.
Thanks.

superbovine
Jan 16, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hi, i am currently making a site on photography and also selling a few other media orientated bits n bobs. I was thinking, well, seriously considering, about selling from a pay-pal account on the site, i am aware they take a percentage plus about 30p of your sales, but that isn't too much, and i am posting to see if you lovely people have any information on it, have used it or know of any pro's or con's.
Thanks.

paypal has 3 levels of sales site. standard, pro, and the one I can't remember.

You need to get a paypal account and read which one you want. There also os source software as well as closed source software that are basically a shopping cart using the paypal api. All that means is that you have a ready to web shop minus some banding using paypal. Anyway, depending on the level of account you have with them will determine paypal's cut, and you might be better off handing credits cards from another source and just using paypal to receive paypal payments.

minitrialer
Jan 17, 2006, 11:36 AM
oh ok cheers, yer i reckon i will just receive payment using it. Thank you

londonweb
Jan 24, 2006, 08:39 AM
you might want to think about using a 3rd-party shopping cart as well- www.romancart.com is quite easy to use and only costs 50 a year.