Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muzikool

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/?v=K1OD4jeCra0

Here's a decent 15-minute video showcasing a prototype of the MacBook Pro (and iLife '06).

One interesting note the Apple rep makes is that battery life has not been announced because the laptop is technically still a prototype. He says that software tweaks will be made and then the battery life claims will be publicized.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
LOL. The Apple guy demoing the machine was stumped on so many occasions it was like watching an episode of 'The Office'.

See the way he glossed over the removal of FW800 :D

Screen is nice and bright though, even if the apple guy didn't seem to know any of its specs. Didn't understand the guy asking him if the resolution was in 16:10 format! They really should clue the reps up before hand.

Tempreture kind of flumaxed him a little and he put it down to being a proto-type.. A proto-type only 3 weeks away from release that is... Mmmmm

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
Well, in my experience, and this is just my experience, I have never met an apple rep that knew anything about apple products. They always either cite incorrect information or look it up on the web. My favorite is when I was at the genius bar and I asked about the quads and the guy said "What's a quad?". He was serious. I called him an idiot as a joke but when realized he was serious I didn't take it back or say I was kidding, because by then I wasn't. Should call it "Idiot Bar".

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
MacTruck said:
Well, in my experience, and this is just my experience, I have never met an apple rep that knew anything about apple products. They always either cite incorrect information or look it up on the web. My favorite is when I was at the genius bar and I asked about the quads and the guy said "What's a quad?". He was serious. I called him an idiot as a joke but when realized he was serious I didn't take it back or say I was kidding, because by then I wasn't. Should call it "Idiot Bar".

I certainly hope that isn't indicative of the whole. :(

I've been leery of visiting mine...I just don't see the topics being very useful but maybe I should actually take part in one first before deciding.

-Escher-

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2005
I heard pretty clear:

"It has superdrive standard on both"!!!!!!!!!!!

So, It has superdrive!!! Standard means what? 4xx???

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
-Escher- said:
I heard pretty clear:

"It has superdrive standard on both"!!!!!!!!!!!

So, It has superdrive!!! Standard means what? 4xx???

It means it's standard equipment on both models.

And yes, it's single layer 4x drive. It's 9.5mm high compared to 12mm high for the old 8x dual layer one in the PowerBook.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
MacTruck said:
While I have a few that didn't seem to know at all what they were talking about, I would say a decent amount, especially ones working at the Genius Bar were very knowledgeable. Although I've heard that complaint a lot so maybe I've just been lucky.

strange days

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2005
muzikool said:
http://www.youtube.com/?v=K1OD4jeCra0

Here's a decent 15-minute video showcasing a prototype of the MacBook Pro (and iLife '06).

One interesting note the Apple rep makes is that battery life has not been announced because the laptop is technically still a prototype. He says that software tweaks will be made and then the battery life claims will be publicized.

the rep guy does not know how tha apps work ???

...ok, nice dude, but pleeeease, get the guy some training before you send him to demo the machines allright ?

THANKS for the link; i was lurking from the bottom rows, now i'm drooling forward... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.