PDA

View Full Version : ibook battery life question

luminosity
Jan 13, 2006, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to buy a new ibook tomorrow, and one of my main considerations is battery life. I know that the 14 inch ibook has a slightly larger battery, but of course it has to power more. In your experience, how much real world battery life do the 12 and 14 inch ibooks get?

I know what they're rated as getting, but of course that's not something you can always hang your hat on.

steelphantom
Jan 13, 2006, 09:18 PM
I have the 12", and if I keep Airport off and screen brightness about halfway, I can get over 5 hours easily. With Airport on, I'd say that number drops to about 3+ hours.

wiggy4ever
Jan 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
i mainly use mine for watching dvds and i get about 3:30 on mine while watching a movie

QCassidy352
Jan 13, 2006, 11:02 PM
12", latest revision. I consistently get about 4 hours using word/safari/mail with screen brightness all the way up and airport on, bluetooth off. I can push it closer to 5 hours with power saving settings, or drop that to just a little over 3 hours with more intensive tasks like itunes, DVDs, etc.

sk1985
Jan 13, 2006, 11:25 PM
12", latest revision. I consistently get about 4 hours using word/safari/mail with screen brightness all the way up and airport on, bluetooth off. I can push it closer to 5 hours with power saving settings, or drop that to just a little over 3 hours with more intensive tasks like itunes, DVDs, etc.
I get the same amount of time with normal use. If I drop the CPU speed,put the brightness down to the second last setting, and shut off BT and my airport I get a little over 5 to 6 hours (mind you thats just with word processing, but its a nice amount of batter life if you're typing some where with no AC jack.