PDA

View Full Version : iTunes playlists don't appear on my ipod!

ilusyonada
Jan 13, 2006, 11:18 PM
What gives? Please help!

puckhead193
Jan 13, 2006, 11:20 PM
some of my photo's don't appear on my ipod but appear in iphoto....
They apple genius says it might be corrupt.... :confused:

mad jew
Jan 13, 2006, 11:20 PM
Go to the iPod Preferences within iTunes Preferences and tell us how your iPod is set to sync with your computer. :)

ilusyonada
Jan 13, 2006, 11:34 PM
Go to the iPod Preferences within iTunes Preferences and tell us how your iPod is set to sync with your computer. :)

I have it on manual settings. Is that what you're talking about, about synching?

mad jew
Jan 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, so that means you have to make new playlists on the iPod rather than in your own library. When the iPod is set to manually update, you can think of it as an entirely separate yet detachable library.

I find the easiest way to do this is select the iPod in iTunes and then add then create a new playlist. Of course, if you're already doing this but they're not syncing then something's wrong. :(

ilusyonada
Jan 13, 2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, so that means you have to make new playlists on the iPod rather than in your own library. When the iPod is set to manually update, you can think of it as an entirely separate yet detachable library.

I find the easiest way to do this is select the iPod in iTunes and then add then create a new playlist. Of course, if you're already doing this but they're not syncing then something's wrong. :(

I am already doing that... :( It's still just showing the smart playlists. This is so sad! I just got my ipod three days ago and something's already wrong with it? What can I do?

ilusyonada
Jan 13, 2006, 11:42 PM
Thank you though. I'll try working on it some more.

betbest1
Jan 13, 2006, 11:53 PM
You can drag and drop your playlists from iTunes to your iPod (although not the other way around).

mad jew
Jan 14, 2006, 01:24 AM
Are the playlists showing up under the iPod in iTunes and not syncing or are they flatly not available?