Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Please help, I can't get back to osx.

I tried restarting and holding down the ALT key on my wireless apple keyboard, no luck. It boots up in windows. I also can't find the Bootcamp Control Panel in windows. Where is that located?

I really hope someone can help. This sucks :(

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Try holding down the CMD key on reboot, that will bring a menu to select which partition you want to boot into.

Its possible that you installed Windows over OSX, but you'll not know that until you see (or don't see) what volumes are present to boot into.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Try holding down the CMD key on reboot, that will bring a menu to select which partition you want to boot into.

Its possible that you installed Windows over OSX, but you'll not know that until you see (or don't see) what volumes are present to boot into.

I went nuts and cleared my closet looking for an old windows keyboard and found it. Connecting that I could hold the ALT key to bring up the screen that let me choose OS.

So it's all good now. Was scared for a minute, that was really not a pleasant experience now I've gotten so used to osx lol. I'm still wondering where the bootcamp control panel is supposed to be on windows?

Edit: I didn't click the " get the latest software for windows support from Apple" button in the bootcamp assistant on osx. I just sent straight ahead and made a partition for windows. So maybe I'm missing some drivers?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013

You hold option/alt to get to the boot menu.

That's not possible if you used Boot Camp Assistant.

pedromcm.pm

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Porto, Portugal
Nope, didn't know about that. I'll try that out, thanks :)

Why the hell would you try an install without using the recommended process? How was the bootcamp panel supposed to appear that way?

Seriously... Anyway, after installing all the drivers, it should appear on control panel, maybe the last one. You can chose the default OS, tracked behavior, etc.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Why the hell would you try an install without using the recommended process? How was the bootcamp panel supposed to appear that way?

Seriously... Anyway, after installing all the drivers, it should appear on control panel, maybe the last one. You can chose the default OS, tracked behavior, etc.

How the hell should I know the recommended process? And bootcamp could still have been there without me installing the bootcamp file manually, so nevermind.

Thanks everyone else who had something useful to say, I installed the file and now have boot camp on windows.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.