Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Holy ***** :eek: Man smartphones just keep getting crazy fast and then faster again :cool: It's like the old Video Card wars back in the day when PC Gaming was the rage.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8_prime_purported_specifications_include_qhd_display-news-8463.php

The screen size is going to be 5.5" and the QHD resolution means the pixel density will be the cool 534 ppi. Under the hood of the phone is reportedly going to be a beastly Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 SoC with a quad-core Krait CPU, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

According to the specs source, who is claimed to be reliable in the past by the Japanese blog that cites it, the One (M8) Prime would feature Qualcomm’s latest MDM9x35 multimode modem. In addition to its 300Mbps downlink, it is capable of superior carrier aggregation - 40 MHz for FDD Category 6 and LTE TDD.

Additionally, the rumor suggests that HTC would continue to use its dual-camera setup found on the One (M8) in the Prime, too. The main snapper will be allegedly have an 18MP sensor.

I think phone makers are getting super high end models ready, because they are worried what Apple might be bringing out this September with the iPhone 6, which is rumored to be a major advance for them.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Holy ***** :eek: Man smartphones just keep getting crazy fast and then faster again :cool: It's like the old Video Card wars back in the day when PC Gaming was the rage.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8_prime_purported_specifications_include_qhd_display-news-8463.php

The screen size is going to be 5.5" and the QHD resolution means the pixel density will be the cool 534 ppi. Under the hood of the phone is reportedly going to be a beastly Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 SoC with a quad-core Krait CPU, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

According to the specs source, who is claimed to be reliable in the past by the Japanese blog that cites it, the One (M8) Prime would feature Qualcomm’s latest MDM9x35 multimode modem. In addition to its 300Mbps downlink, it is capable of superior carrier aggregation - 40 MHz for FDD Category 6 and LTE TDD.

Additionally, the rumor suggests that HTC would continue to use its dual-camera setup found on the One (M8) in the Prime, too. The main snapper will be allegedly have an 18MP sensor.

I think phone makers are getting super high end models ready, because they are worried what Apple might be bringing out this September with the iPhone 6, which is rumored to be a major advance for them.

That would put this phone square in my radar sights!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Just stick to one type of phone Mac ha... Then you only upgrade once a year

Note all the way now for me

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Going to get it when it's out. Currently having the HTC One M8 but this seems to be a great upgrade to get. But they need to remove the wasted space with the HTC logo on it.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Looks more like an HTC One Max successor albeit a smaller screen than that model. I am actually looking forward more to the Butterfly S successor. Avail only Asia but I thought it was every bit as good as the HTC One from last year except the plastic material used. It packed a 3200 mAH. I hope they pack an even bigger battery.

OnePlus One seems to be a better deal at $349 even with a 801 vs HTC One M8 Prime that could cost $600. But I hear next year's Snapdragon at 64-bit will wipe the floor of these SoC. Wait for the Snapdragon 810. But my next brand might be Sony or Samsung. I want water-resistance.

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
Are they going to learn their lesson and actually put a decent camera in there?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
you and me both! But at least its not until Sept.....so we have time to save up! :)

But around the same time as the Moto X successor, the Note 4, and the iPhone 6. Better really start saving. :p

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I really hope this helps bring HTC back to the forefront - they were so dominant and fell off the cliff. Now they make some of the best smartphones out there and can't get a second look.

It's either Samsung or Apple....sucks for HTC and LG who seem to be hitting it out of the park right now.

Looking forward to Apple adding more options to the iPhone line and Android becoming more than just Samsung.

And Mac - haha I'm there with you. I jumped off the Android train this year because I didn't want to keep up (and I felt bad for sucking both my family's and my wife's family's upgrades dry) - but I'm trying to figure out how I can weasel my way into BOTH iPhones this fall (if they indeed come out with the 4.7" and 5.5" versions). Can't even imagine jumping into the Android fray right now.

Specs are getting outa control. Someone needs to spur a developer revolution and get us some more powerful apps. I don't think there's anything on the App Store that makes the A7 break a sweat and here we are a few months out from the A8.....nuts! (same goes for the latest Snapdragon variants).....

Maybe we should put Samsung on it - somehow, Touchwiz is able to bog down whatever processor is powering it! lol :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.