Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
The stock email client does not auto fill a previously used email address. I've tried searching but this isn't something developers highlight in their description. Anyone know of a clean, intuitive client that does this?

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
The stock email client does not auto fill a previously used email address. I've tried searching but this isn't something developers highlight in their description. Anyone know of a clean, intuitive client that does this?

Which OS?

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012

Gmail can be setup to check 3rd party pop3/SMTP addresses.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Android

I'll Google it, thanks.

You set it up though the browser interface not though the mobile phone app. I use it to check my email address i get from my ISP. The only downside is that you can't get it to manually check the 3rd party email unless you delve though the settings on the webinterface, the frequency it checks it depends on how busy the email address is.

Last edited:

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I am becoming a big fan of Blue Mail. Supports just about every email providers, design is nice, supports swiping gestures, and its free.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Blue Mail.

Yeah if im reading this right, the stock email doesnt provide links to go to the site. Dont like that. BlueMail does and you can ste it up with the many choices it gives you.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Back when I was using Android, I found the email app to be the weakest link and the major reason why I jumped back to iOS. I wish the stock apps would be tightened up and improved.

Maybe they have since I last used them but that was my impression

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Back when I was using Android, I found the email app to be the weakest link and the major reason why I jumped back to iOS. I wish the stock apps would be tightened up and improved.

Maybe they have since I last used them but that was my impression

You mean that the inability to attach files to email or save attachment the main reason you switched back?

fredaroony

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
Yea this was a sticking point for me moving to android.

Real attachment support.

Indeed, I still can't believe Apple won't do this and it's bad enough for personal use but very annoying when used for work. What about when you want to attach a file to an existing email thread?

That's right it can't be done...

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
^ indeed my friend

For those that are using bluemail, I'm having issues with only some emails not auto sizing to prevent the need for horizontal scrolling. When I pull the emails in question up in the stock gmail app, they auto size correctly.

Fwiw, I have sync set to 30 days in blue mail, along with autodownload set to 200kb (maybe the fact that there is no option to auto download the entire message is the root of the problem)

I was actually having the same issue with the stock android mail app for my work exchange account. The nine app appears to correctly auto size every time :) very pleased with nine, too bad it doesn't fully support gmail.

I love the unified inbox of bluemail , but I hate scrolling left and right / resizing!

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
So I downloaded blue mail, looks great and remains me of iOS 7 mail app in regards of the UI so far only thing that's bugs me is no sync all option.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You mean that the inability to attach files to email or save attachment the main reason you switched back?

No the inability to access my work email in the stock apps, I had to go and buy an email app just to get my emails. :rolleyes:

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
What's wrong with Google's own stock 4.4 email app (rather than GMAIL app) ?

It can be side loaded easily and is certainly one of the best apps for email on android devices.

http://androidcentral.us/2014/01/download-android-4-4-kitkat-stock-apps-for-your-android/

I enjoy it very much and was using it for my work exchange account.

After reading about Nine, I switched to it for my exchange account because
-exchange policies can be set to lockdown the app rather than the phone (yay!)
-it more reliably auto sizes HTML emails to fit the screen (hasn't failed me yet, where the stock app will on certain emails)
-doesn't look bad like touchdown :p

I do still like the stock app though :)

I went back to using the gmail app for my gmail accounts due to bluemail not reliably auto sizing either.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.