PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw the light

actripxl
Jan 10, 2003, 08:11 PM
Well after always using a pc for my entire life and having to deal with their problems the last being a burnt MB way back in Jan '02, I started to look for parts to build a new PC. I guess it was fate that I didn't have the money to buy a PC and spend it on more necessary things like food, and rent. Well about mid June I started to just browse info on Mac's and was curious to try one. Well to make a long story short I went to the Art lab here in school and really liked them alot. So this past Dec. almost a year after not having a computer I bought an IBook 800 with much anxiety to say the least. Other then the lack of a good p2p program, I love the Mac. OSX kicks serious butt, I don't use OS9 since it just appears so outdated compared to how wonderful OSX looks and works. I read reviews saying to not use a G3 when using OSX, well I have no idea what was their complaint, cause my G3800 responds better then those crappy Dell's. Well not only did I see the light after informing myself on the Mac, my friends who were diehards pc fanatics (notice how I said were) finally got their hands on my book and liked so much they are now thinking about getting their own once they get the cash (though I envy them since I would love to get that 12" PB). Well that's it for me a new loyal apple customer.

bluekanoodle
Jan 29, 2003, 11:31 PM
Limewire isn't bad as a p2p, in case your still looking.

rainman::|:|
Jan 30, 2003, 12:30 AM
Welcome to Macintosh :)

and welcome to MR. hope you stay a while :)

pnw

cr2sh
Jan 30, 2003, 12:32 AM
Welcome! I have yet to convert any of my diehard friends to Mac, but with the new Ti.. they're definately going ot be envious.

Limewire bites it, Hard. The new version of Acquisition is suppossed to be pretty tight...

irmongoose
Jan 30, 2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by cr2sh
The new version of Acquisition is suppossed to be pretty tight...

Yeah, definetely... it started to really suck for a while, not connecting to more than 2 to 5 servers... but since version 0.7 it's really started to kick off again.. too bad it's shareware now...

Acquisition is available here (http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15375&db=mac).

Oh, welcome to the Mac world! :D

irmongoose

digitalgiant
Jan 30, 2003, 03:50 AM
Carracho is the only really good P2P. Give it a shot.

pgwalsh
Jan 30, 2003, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the Mac community. You'll find people here that have some great knowledge. I have a G3 400 and I think OS X rocks on it. Can't complain too much about speed. Going to ZIF it soon.