PDA

View Full Version : Songs off iPod?

illegalprelude
Jan 14, 2006, 07:43 PM
ok you guys, i got a question. My roommate has the 30GB ipod (video) and she has it hooked up to her dell (woot for dell...lol) umm and yea, she took her iPod to her friends and he put some songs on her iPod and then shes now trying to take the songs off the iPod and put them into iTunes but I cant drag the songs into her iTunes...any idea why?

treblah
Jan 14, 2006, 08:12 PM
I am gonna assume you are being serious.

The scenario you described is exactly why Apple/RIAA does not let you take songs off the iPod or link the iPod to numerous iTunes libraries.

Search for Windows software that will let you.

Edit: Perhaps you were meaning to say that the songs were put on the iPod in 'disk mode'? If so, enable disk mode in the iTunes preferences on your roomies PC and then drag them to the desktop, I guess? I have never used an iPod or iTunes on a PC.

pdpfilms
Jan 14, 2006, 08:14 PM
The scenario you described is exactly why Apple/RIAA does not let you take songs off the iPod or link the iPod to numerous iTunes libraries.

Woot.

2nyRiggz
Jan 14, 2006, 08:18 PM
I think she took some songs from her roommates cpu and put them into her ipod and now she want to copy them into her itunes..
you are not allowed to take songs off the ipod and put them into itunes but there is programs that allow you to do it.

Bless

illegalprelude
Jan 14, 2006, 09:32 PM
ahhh. yea, thats what i figured that it was become of copy right protection but I wasnt sure bout it :p I dont think its that big of a deal to get a program and such. just wasnt sure if it was something i was doing wrong or what. thanks for the heads up :cool:

betbest1
Jan 14, 2006, 09:48 PM
If those files are from the iTMS, she won't be able to play them if her computer is not authorized for that account.