PDA

View Full Version : WTB: VGA KVM switch with audio

wnameth
Jan 14, 2006, 10:49 PM
just as the title says, i want a VGA KVM switch that has audio and of course VGA!, here is what i want to be able to do by clicking a button:

switch from:

ibook hooked up to VGA LCD, that can play music/sound through my computer speakers

then switch to:

xbox 360 on the same 15" LCD (VGA) with audio through the same computer speakers...

anyone have one of these for a decent price... I have seen VGA KVM switches for roughly 25US (remember not DVI kvm switch, they are much much much much more expensive, like 140US)

thanks, please post offers,

-wes

wnameth
Jan 14, 2006, 11:01 PM
here is what i am talking about, i don't need USB, because i use my ibook's USB ports and i won't need them for the xbox, all i need is VGA and audio, does someone know if this will work for me?:::

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ATEN-2-Port-KVM-Switch-cables-CS62A-NEW_W0QQitemZ5854049192QQcategoryZ67269QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wnameth
Jan 14, 2006, 11:24 PM
here is what i am talking about, i don't need USB, because i use my ibook's USB ports and i won't need them for the xbox, all i need is VGA and audio, does someone know if this will work for me?:::

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ATEN-2-Port-KVM-Switch-cables-CS62A-NEW_W0QQitemZ5854049192QQcategoryZ67269QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

okay, this is really just a question for the general public of MR:

will the switch in the ebay auction work with the mac, i can't see why because it doesn't need software to redirect the vga and audio does it? i have PS2-USB adapters if i ever need to plug a keyboard into it... so yea, i will buy it right away if it will work

thanks

wnameth
Jan 14, 2006, 11:43 PM
well, i bought it, i can't see any reason as to why it wouldn't work, it is just splitting the VGA and the audio, like a hub and then adding the ability to switch with a button.. so lets hope it will work with my ibook/360.. if anyone is 100% sure it won't, then i will convince the guy to re-list it...

thanks