Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luke019

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2014
Hi everyone, I bought an aux cable for my iPhone 4 a month ago, and it worked great. However, I got the 5c, and now the cable doesn't work! Has anyone had this problem, and if so, which brand(s) should I look for?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Hi everyone, I bought an aux cable for my iPhone 4 a month ago, and it worked great. However, I got the 5c, and now the cable doesn't work! Has anyone had this problem, and if so, which brand(s) should I look for?

Hmmm. That is very strange that an aux cable works with an iPhone 4 but not the 5c.
I recommend this aux cable as it is the highest quality aux cable I have and it looks cool:
FRiEQ 3.5mm Male To Male Car and Home Stereo Cloth Jacketed Audio C... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HY4PICU/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_lnsCtb1H6Z7A6
It may be a few dollars more than others but the longevity is much longer IMO.

luke019

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2014
Thanks! I think I'll get that one if my current cable keeps acting up.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Have you actually verified that it's the cable that doesn't work and that it's not an issue with the jack on the 5c? Or that the cable isn't properly inserted? Try standard troubleshooting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.