Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hard to squeeze in all the details in the thread title, sorry. :eek:

Amazon is having this sale on photography apps, here. They come with 100 Amazon Coins each.

After you get them all, you can get Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas with those coins, and get an additional 2,000 to buy other stuff with (although Amazon just wants you to buy the trilogy).

Pretty decent deal. :D

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Thanks for posting this.

ETA: Looks like GTA: San Andreas is only available for Kindle Tablets. This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. If I use the promo coins to buy San Andreas I'll still get the coins added to my account even though I don't have the proper device on my account to play the game?

Last edited:

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
The GTA is only for Kindle Fire or Fire TV, but you can get it for free along with all the coins by following the above method.

The coins can be used for other apps or IAPs

Hey, free is free! :D

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
The GTA is only for Kindle Fire or Fire TV, but you can get it for free along with all the coins by following the above method.

The coins can be used for other apps or IAPs

Hey, free is free! :D

Thanks that answered my question. Thanks again Jessica. I've saved a good bit of money from all the deals you post.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Awesome Jessica - Thanks! Have a Fire TV and I wouldn't mind adding GTA to my library of games.

I am wanting to get a Fire TV, if I can find out for certain it runs the xbmc video add ons I use then I will sell my jailbroke apple tv 2

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I am wanting to get a Fire TV, if I can find out for certain it runs the xbmc video add ons I use then I will sell my jailbroke apple tv 2

I bought it for the heck of it - use AppleTVs at home, but the game controller part intrigued me. Take it on trips to watch Prime Video and game on the go.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I have seen that people are using 360/ps3 controllers and all kinds of different wireless keyboards with it

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Didn't even know I had some Amazon coins in my account already. After picking up these apps, I now have over $30 in Amazon coins..

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
No problem guys. :D

Yeah, and to top that off, I bought some music with a gift card this morning and got $3 more to spend on the Appstore. I have lots of credit to blow through, and I own the majority of the store already. Literally don't know what to buy. I was really hoping with the Comixology buyout they'd finally add coin support, but still no go.

The Fire TV is tempting, but I know it will just get left to collect dust.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I bought Ridiculous Fishing and Three's. I do not see the hype behind Three's

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Another Amazon deal.

5 new apps worth 200 coins each for 1000 coins total.

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/amazon/

Great! Thanks for the heads up!

I've spent some on games for my FireTV - but at this point, I'm just going to stockpile them in case I end up picking up a Fire. Tried one back when they were doing the free 1 month trial....was nice, but ultimately not an iPad replacement and I saw no need for it.

My wife's iPad mini is getting a bit long in the tooth. Maybe I'll replace it with a Fire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.