PDA

View Full Version : iPod from Dell

sach504
Jan 11, 2003, 11:09 AM
someone said something about if your going to get an iPod get it from dell because they give out codes or something like that? or its cheaper or something? whats the deal.... :confused:

JSRockit
Jan 11, 2003, 11:23 AM
never heard anything about this...what is meant by codes?

PeteyNice
Jan 11, 2003, 03:06 PM
Dell tends to have decent percent off deals on in their peripheral (SP) section. Last week they had 10% off and free shipping. They are one of the few places that consistently sell iPods below retail.

Bradcoe
Jan 11, 2003, 03:29 PM
I got an iPod from Dell over the holidays. 10GB model for $360 with free shipping. Formatted it using iPod software version 1.2.1 on my mac as soon as it came (even though it showed up fine on the iBook before i formatted it).

GigaWire
Jan 11, 2003, 03:58 PM
so the PC version is compatible with MAC and PC?

MrMacMan
Jan 11, 2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by GigaWire
so the PC version is compatible with MAC and PC?

If you install the mac firmware if I'm not mistaken. :D

Getting a cheaper iPod is nice, but is it a risk to get it from Dell, Yes.

strider42
Jan 11, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

Getting a cheaper iPod is nice, but is it a risk to get it from Dell, Yes.

I don't see how it could be a risk. its still an apple product, dell just sells it. Dell is a well established company so you can be pretty confident they aren't going to rip you off or anything. If it happens to be cheaper there, I'd do it.

rainman::|:|
Jan 11, 2003, 04:18 PM
i think i'm getting one this afternoon, actually. screw dell, i don't want them to have my business *or* my email address :)

target, here i come :)

everyone cross your fingers for me, i'd be getting it as a gift. he's wavering, but he wants one just as much as me, for car trips...

pnw

JSRockit
Jan 11, 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i think i'm getting one this afternoon, actually. screw dell, i don't want them to have my business *or* my email address :)

target, here i come :)

everyone cross your fingers for me, i'd be getting it as a gift. he's wavering, but he wants one just as much as me, for car trips...

pnw

Good Luck. I don't see why buying from dell is different than buying from anyone else...except for the fact that it's dell.

Nipsy
Jan 11, 2003, 05:38 PM
The best time to buy from Dell is when they have stackable promotions ($50 off $500, 10% stackable, free shipping).

Buy an iPod $499, and a mouspad $5. Take $50 of $504 to get to $454, take 10% off $454 to get to $408.60.

For $90.40, I'll set up a use-once-and-destroy e-mail account...

Of course, you have to watch for the best coupon combos, and the more you spend the more you save.

JSRockit
Jan 11, 2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Nipsy
The best time to buy from Dell is when they have stackable promotions ($50 off $500, 10% stackable, free shipping).

Buy an iPod $499, and a mouspad $5. Take $50 of $504 to get to $454, take 10% off $454 to get to $408.60.

For $90.40, I'll set up a use-once-and-destroy e-mail account...

Of coures, you have to watch for the best coupon combos, and the more you spend the more you save.

Damn, you have it figured out.

LethalWolfe
Jan 11, 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

If you install the mac firmware if I'm not mistaken. :D

A PC iPod will, out of the box, work on both platforms as advertised. A Mac iPod will only work on the Mac platform.

Lethal

rainman::|:|
Jan 11, 2003, 07:19 PM
YAY! i have my very own iPod now :D :D :D

its soooo cool...

that's quite a deal for the 20 gig... for that savings maybe i should have tried it...

naw, it's cool to have it in-hand right now :)

pnw