Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Wow...this sounds great! I wonder what the camera will be like?

HTC_One_M8_Back_HTC_Logo_TA_02-630x354.jpg

Mess with a bull, you get the horns. That is what happened on Twitter today between HTC employee Jeff Gordon and @evleaks. There seems to have been a misunderstanding between the two regarding something that was leaked and information being wrong. Either way, we learned some details about the upcoming HTC One (M8) Prime. In short, we are looking at (another) stunning device from HTC.

First off, the handset will have a very interesting structure. While the HTC One (M8) is primarily aluminum, this one will be a mix of aluminum and liquid silicone. Drooling? So am I. What else is that makes the M8 Prime special is that HTC will finally make a waterproof flagship smartphone. Currently, companies like Samsung and Sony waterproof their smartphones and it is time that HTC does the same. It could also take advantage of super-fast Cat 6 LTE speeds.

On the inside, @evleaks points out that it will have Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 805 processor. This quad-core processor is clocked at 2.5GHz and is paired with 3GB of RAM. On top of it all is going to be a 5.5-inch display that has WQHD resolution. Is there any more you can ask for in a smartphone to be a beast? Maybe.

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I think companies need to stop releasing such awesome phones, very bad for my wallet. I am very interested in this and the S5 Prime. I just wonder when they will be released. I can't see either being released before August, but that would be strange for the S5 Prime since the Note 4 will be right around the corner. Maybe the S5 Prime will come sooner, but I suspect the M8 Prime will be closer to September.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Fixing the weak camera would go a long way.

I personally am not a huge fan of the screen either. Looks a bit hazy and washed out. A different supplier would be nice.

Other than that, very nice device.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yeah, to be honest I really like the screen size of the M8, its easy to use one handed for me and sits nicely in my pockets.

I just want that 18mp camera :)
Feel the same way....if the M8 had the same shooter as the S5...it would be my daily driver, IMHO the camera was the only think holding the M8 back. I can get used to the button placement and the logo on the screen. If this is true the M8 Prime will give the new LG G3 a run at being a true beast phone!

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Waterproof and a real camera? :eek: Even with my preference for smaller phones, you can sign me up for one of these. Finally, what sounds like a phone without compromises.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Likely no ... I think I'm done with Samsung phones for at least this year (but hey don't rule it out - you know me lol).

will see ha

There's always something special around the corner. Do love the HTC one design. I would ever be tempted by big phones. Honestly this m8 prime would tempt me.. Even though I'm Note mad.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
As everyone else is saying, HTC makes a great phone and if they got rid of that awful camera it would have been a grand slam the last two iterations. Sure they could always improve the screen and such but for most that camera was and Is the real deal breaker.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Waterproof and a real camera? :eek: Even with my preference for smaller phones, you can sign me up for one of these. Finally, what sounds like a phone without compromises.

I view the large size as a compromise too, but it does sure look great!
I want htc to succeed, they are doing well lately imo

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I don't understand why they can't slim down the bezels at the top and bottom of the screens.. at 5.5", phones going to be huge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.