PDA

View Full Version : I want another lower priced iDevice for the next MW!

mystixman
Jan 11, 2003, 12:00 PM
I really like my DP 867 Power Mac, and also my 10 GB touchwheel iPod, but I want something more. Not a computer, not a revision of the iPod, but something completely new, and it has to be semi-inexpensive ( such as the iPod ). I would like this device to be a "tablet", with a 5 or 6 inch screen. It would sport a hard drive, and a DVD-ROM slot. It would be a personal media theater. You would be able to play your DVDs, and quicktime files on it. MP3s would also be supported. This would also be 400-700 dollars..

JSRockit
Jan 11, 2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by mystixman
I really like my DP 867 Power Mac, and also my 10 GB touchwheel iPod, but I want something more. Not a computer, not a revision of the iPod, but something completely new, and it has to be semi-inexpensive ( such as the iPod ). I would like this device to be a "tablet", with a 5 or 6 inch screen. It would sport a hard drive, and a DVD-ROM slot. It would be a personal media theater. You would be able to play your DVDs, and quicktime files on it. MP3s would also be supported. This would also be 400-700 dollars..

I think it would have to be more towards the $700 mark...never $400.

benixau
Jan 11, 2003, 12:53 PM
and with the faetures you just listed at the price would hurt the ipod and low-end ibooks.

JSRockit
Jan 11, 2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by benixau
and with the faetures you just listed at the price would hurt the ipod and low-end ibooks.

How do you figure? It isn't a notebook computer like the iBook...so it doesn't replace the iBook...and it isn't small like the iPod...so it doesn't tread on the iPod.

benixau
Jan 11, 2003, 01:06 PM
yes but it has features of both. it is a very good comprimise.

i didnt say it would destory. but i would buy it over an ipod, maybe.

i guess. i am thinking of non-mac likes. also think confusion with two MP3 players.

no-go for apple.

JSRockit
Jan 11, 2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by benixau
yes but it has features of both. it is a very good comprimise.

i didnt say it would destory. but i would buy it over an ipod, maybe.

i guess. i am thinking of non-mac likes. also think confusion with two MP3 players.

no-go for apple.

What the iPod has that this doesn't is size...I can put it in my pocket and not a day goes by that I do not have it with me. I could not say the same for a device of this nature. The iBook is a real computer...that can run everyday applications on a decent screen...a device with a 5-6" screen would not replace this.