PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Battery Problem

TEG
Jan 16, 2006, 02:45 AM
I gave my PowerBook G4 500 to my dad recently, as he purchased a PowerBook G4 667 (DVI) for cheap, and we decided that I could utilize the extra speed and the better video card more than he.

Well about 16 months ago, I purchased a new battery for my old PowerBook, and I never had a problem with it, besides the computer going to sleep when the computer said that there was still an hour left. However now, the battery is royally screwed up. Upon charging and beginning the cycle, it will claim that the time 'til empty at over 18 hours. Checking the power status in System Profiler, it claims that the battery has a capacity of 18000+ mAh.

Is there any way to fix this. I did run the battery down and reload it.

Any help would be nice.

TEG

mad jew
Jan 16, 2006, 03:23 AM
Maybe try resetting the PMU (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449) and then calibrating again. :)

TEG
Jan 17, 2006, 12:33 AM
I tried resetting the PMU. Nothing.

Is there anything else anyone can think of?

TEG

TEG
Jan 19, 2006, 11:01 PM
I've Switched the battery to the 667 DVI TiBook, and did a PMU reset on it. However OSX still reports 18+ hours of battery life, and I know it will shut off after about 3 hours of use. According to Capacity Meter, the Battery has a Capacity of 20466/4600 (445%). Please, does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or should I make a point of stopping by an Apple Store.?

Thanks,

TEG