Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ziggyzee

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2002
Speaking of back-up I want to partition an external HD to b-up my mac. Does osx have any software to do this or must I use 3rd party.

I'm going to dive in to this os and being this is new to me thought it be good idea.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
There's very little point to partitioning, that said i find it handy for organization. Drive Setup will do it for you... Of course you have to reformat the whole drive while doing it.. You can select the size of the partitions fairly well, then one click, 10 seconds and it's done.

Drive Setup is in your Utilities folder.

:)
pnw

Ziggyzee

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2002
Nope, never knew it existed. Must have missed it from the great manual Apple gives you!

Thx for quick responses!!!

maclova

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2003
Switzerland
LoL ! thats cuz you really dont need to be a rocket scientist to look at the *utils* folder and find out that there are quiete helpful apps in there (also called *utilites*)

anywho... its been a pleasure helping someone (althought im not beaing helped very well :mad: )

-MACLOVA :)

Ziggyzee

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2002
Oh, I see. I should be able to pick up a new OS that I have never seen before until last week and know all the in and outs of it.

How stupid of me!:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.