PDA

View Full Version : Forum News: 'Hardware' and 'Software' Changes...

arn
Jan 11, 2003, 04:06 PM
The forms have been rearranaged. The original Hardware Rumors and Software Rumors have been changed to Hardware Discussion and Software Discussion.

The reason is that the MacRumors.com News Discussion forum tends to handle the major rumors and supplies discussion for those.

As a result, the hardware and software rumor forums have gotten little real use and end up either being areas for speculation or for unreleated hardware/sw discussion.

Now, all Mac Hardware and Software discussions should go into these forums. New rumors/speculation may also get placed in these forums.

Apple Inc Rumors forum has been eliminated.

benixau
Jan 11, 2003, 05:42 PM
so i wasnt worng when i noted that.

good move arn. i think i t will make your job easier with less rule breaking and newbie's lives easier when it comes to posting in the right palce.

good move and, thankyou arn.

King Cobra
Jan 12, 2003, 03:23 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Whenever a site is modified, the word "newbies" tends to appear more often than normal. :D

Regardless, there will still be people posting in the wrong section, but it doesn't mean there should be no enforcement on the rules of the forums.

benixau
Jan 18, 2003, 03:25 AM
ofcourse.

but it makes it easier. there was no discussion about hardware allowed before. alot of newbies especially believed that all hardware things went in here.

oh well. i still believe that this was a good change.

yamadataro
Jan 28, 2003, 07:39 AM
Yes, I think this is a good change! I always feel bad to see categories with few posts. Good move, arn!

daniel77
Mar 29, 2003, 11:15 PM
i am confused. if i want to ask a question about say, what kind of mac should i buy, do i put it in the general tech forum?

AmbitiousLemon
Mar 30, 2003, 12:07 AM
you would put you question in the help/questions section.

daniel77
Mar 30, 2003, 11:55 AM
thx. that also answered my other q, regarding whether that forum was solely for tech questions like, "this window keeps coming up.." :D

Riko19
Mar 31, 2003, 04:49 AM
what really sux is the idea of taking off the avatars for newbies like me, remember most of you were one of us just looking around sites. i have a busy life and dont post 10000s of posts in rooms.

:o

mnkeybsness
Jun 19, 2003, 01:12 PM
these stickies are about 6 months old and seem to be just getting in the way...i think everyone knows about the changes by now...can someone delete these?