PDA

View Full Version : 12" PowerBook Charging Question

Jovian9
Jan 16, 2006, 03:48 PM
I have a 12" 1.33GHz PB Combo Bluetooth AE 80GB 512MB -
When charging it always shows green. In my past experiences with Apple laptops when plugged in, if it wasn't fully charged, the light around the adapter would be orange and turn to green once it had reached full charge. This one does not do that, it is always green....even if I run the battery
completely down and then start charging it.

I've had charging/battery issues in the past with a 17" PB and it ended up being the logic board (but this is not similar to those issues).

Is this normal? Has anyone else had any experience with this issue?
Thanks!

Dafke
Jan 16, 2006, 04:05 PM
well i have the same pbook (rev C) and mine is orange when charging and green when charged.
i don't know if it is a problem that yours is always green, never heard of that.

Jovian9
Jan 16, 2006, 04:17 PM
well i have the same pbook (rev C) and mine is orange when charging and green when charged.
i don't know if it is a problem that yours is always green, never heard of that.

Yeah, I expected that's what it should do. That's what any PB or iBook I have had before would do. Thanks!

Anyone else heard of this or had a problem with this?

aquajet
Jan 16, 2006, 05:39 PM
Anyone else heard of this or had a problem with this?

Yes. A friend of mine has a 17" PowerBook, and his adapter does the same thing -- it always glows green. It does the same thing with his wife's 15" and my 12". My guess would be the light is faulty. But if it works okay otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

tomacintosh
Jan 16, 2006, 05:43 PM
My girlfriends iBook does this with her dodgy Charger (she stood on the plug) all you have to do is wiggle it a bit till the orange light comes on