Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arkados

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Just recently got a new iMac at work (upgraded from a 2006 model) and am having difficulties adding our Canon ImagePrograf 9000 and 9000s to it. When I use the add/remove printers utility in system preferences it says that the software isn't available from Apple and to contact your manufacturer. I have gone to Canon's website and the only stuff they have is for OS X 8. I install it but still get the same error. Weird thing is that our 2006 iMac had Mavericks as well and had both these printers running just fine. Any suggestions?

profilepub

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
Hi, did you ever get this resolved? having the same problem with our Macs and Mavericks.

Thanks

Arkados

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Hi, did you ever get this resolved? having the same problem with our Macs and Mavericks.

Thanks

For the most part yes, our 9000 randomly stopped auto cutting. I had to call a service tech out and they simply just sat on the phone with Canon and installed drivers. They have yet to email me with the exact ones they installed but they were from later Os's and one was actually from a different printer because they haven't developed them for Mavericks yet.

profilepub

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks for getting back to me

We seem to have it working using drivers from a slightly model, although we're missing the ability to use the Advanced Preview which we used a lot.

A call to Canon I think!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.