Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2014
I charged it to 100% two nights ago on the same charger I've been using since I bought it. The charger being a 30pin connecter with a lighting bolt adapter. Always has worked fine for my iPad, and even for my iPhone 4s without the adapter.

I tried to wake the iPad from sleep only for it to show the dead battery sign. I thought all was fine so I plugged it into the same charger.

It notices the cord but doesn't show it being charged. It also flashes white before going black.

I thought maybe the charger wasn't plugged in but it actually is because my iPhone was recognized and charged immediately.

Then I thought it was the adapter, so I tried it with the lighting cable it, no luck.

Plugged it into my Mac, it won't even recognize it.

I'm starting to worry that there is nothing I can do. I don't live anywhere close to an Apple store, closest one is over 5 hours away so that's no help.

I would appreciate any advise, thanks in advance.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Plug it in to what you believe is a good charging setup and wait about fifteen minutes, then hold the home and sleep/wake button both down for about fifteen seconds and see if that revives it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.