Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Hello everyone,

I did a quick search and found nothing matching my inquiry, so I thought I would ask here. Is there any way to take a live feed from a camera and record at higher frame rates using a computer with some type of software? The camera being used is a sony nx5, and I was wondering if I can take the feed from the hdmi through a blackmagic intensity capture card. It would certainly be cool if something like this can be done considering the hefty price on high speed cameras!

Thanks,
Mike

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
no - as long as the camera doesn't offer a higher frame rate, the hdmi-out won't as well. and even if it does, it probably won't right now.

i guess, high speed will be the next "big" thing, that will come down in price soon. already the sony fs700 offers high speed at a relatively low price. also the panasonic gh4 and the gopro can record at about 100fps. afaik, none of those three does output the hfr through hdmi or sdi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.