Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soigne3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2014
In regards to the new API capabilities Apple released earlier today how would one go about seeing what is possible to do.

In a nutshell, I have an idea for an app I want to create. But the only way the app will work is if Apple gives me "the developer" the access to do it.

How would I go about finding out what are the possibilities of how far I can use that API?...

Thanks in advance.

(I posted in another Forum I just don't know which is the correct one to be in - no spam intended.)

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Have you got a developer account? If so, you could try and search the documentation on Apples developer portal. It'll give you capabilities on their API's.

Another way might be to do some broader searches for example iOS Home Automation API and see if it leads you to some documentation.

The official Apple developer forums might also be useful or you could ask here but maybe not go into specifics (if you're worried about someone stealing your idea or something).

If the capability is quite new though, it may be hard to get information on it given how people have worked with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.