Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirky76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Hi All,

I'm after a little advice. I have a working, boxed Apple PowerCD which I'm looking to sell. I know that these are considered quite collectable but having posted it on eBay a couple of times without sale I'm interested in the views of the more educated - hence the post to this forum!

I've seen some older posts on the subject but nothing recent so thought I'd ask.

I sadly don't seem to have the original CDs which came with it but I have the remote and power supply. Great condition as it was used at University nearly 20 years ago and been in its box for the past 15 years at least!

Thanks.

kirky76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I think I started the auctions pretty low - £20-30. Had a few watchers but never any bids.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Wow! A PowerCD! Even though i have been a mac user for my whole life i did not hear about this device up to like a week ago.

Apple Power

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2014
Redwood City
Just picked up an Apple PowerCD

I just picked up a complete in the box Apple PowerCd and am trying to replace some of the missing items. It did come with the double sided information spec sheet and I was able to find the PowerCD User's Guide, PowerCD Quick Reference Card and finally the PowerCD CD.
Now I'm shooting for the "holy grail", the 3 CD's which Apple included as a special with the purchase as a token of their appreciation? (specially noted on a red and yellow label)
They are: 1) Clinton: Portrait of Victory (CD-ROM, 1993), 2) Great Cities of the World, Volume 2 (CD-ROM) and finally, 3) From Alice to Ocean, (CD-ROM).
I was able to find #1 Clinton and #2 Great Cities of the world but can't find probably the best one of the 3, From Alice to Ocean.
Searched all over and thought I'd take a chance and ask here as this seems to be the place where the people in the "know" go.
Any ideas where to look? Any collectors?
I can't access the market place because of not enough postings but can take PM's.
If anyone would like scans of the documentation I have I'd can send you scans, if it's okay and not breaking any rules here.
Thanks,
Robert Faust
Redwood City, CA

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
If I can lay my hands quickly on mine I'll have a look.

Attachments

• Power CD.jpg
    Power CD.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 724

Apple Power

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2014
Redwood City
Just scored another....

Hi, I just picked up another Apple PowerCD complete unit but this one has the carrying case, with the Apple emblem/stamp on it. A special pocket for the remote and then the unit fits snugly inside with the base attached and room for the power supply.
I did not know they came with a case? I purchased it from a women in Denver who was a Systems Engineer back in the day at Apple. Interesting person, named Kat.
Have no idea why but I got on this silly quest to see if I could find and purchase a few and put on a shelf in my "reflection room"?
Found a few non workers, but was able to use working cd units, bases, transformers and remotes to now have 6 complete working units. One of them in the original box.
An interest point, the non working units sold faster on ebay than working units? Hum, any ideas as to why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.