PDA

View Full Version : Looking for iBook Battery Charger

cmaracz88
Jan 18, 2006, 12:13 AM
I have an 800 mhz G3 iBook that has a damaged logic-board. The jist of it is that I can't charge the batteyr through the adapter (I've had the charger board replaced, didn't help.)

So basically I have an iBook that seems to work except it can't charge batteries. So I'm looking to get my hands on an external battery charger for the dual usb iBooks. I know of ther MCE one and the Hi Capacity one. However, I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a retailer that still sells them and will ship to Canada.

Anybody have any ideas?

As well: yeah, I realize that this method of problem-solving won't be very convenient, since I'll be able to use the computer for a few hours, then I'll have to wait while the battery charges again. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

superbovine
Jan 18, 2006, 01:22 AM
http://www.madsonline.com/index.html?charger.html~mainFrame

heh you'd better thank me for this one :P

cmaracz88
Jan 18, 2006, 11:18 PM
http://www.madsonline.com/index.html?charger.html~mainFrame

heh you'd better thank me for this one :P

It's only one battery at a time, however I guess that the fast charge rate is nice. Very nice indeed.

I e-mailed them and asked for a quote. I hope that they get back to me (if I recall correctly my experience with asking for prices from small mac (accessories) retailers doesn't always lead to a response.)

jonat8
Jan 18, 2006, 11:59 PM
Wow I was looking for something like that too! I just thought they didn't exist... thanks :)

cmaracz88
Jan 19, 2006, 06:22 PM
It's a bit weird. I sent an e-mail last nigth and haven't gotten a response.

I called the telephone that they post on the website, and the guy who picks up tells me he'll give me the number to Madsonline. So that was weird. And I call that number and get a "call could not be completed as dailed" message. I call again to the website number, same guy picks up, tells me he doesn't know any other way to contact them really.

Wtf?