Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmaracz88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have an 800 mhz G3 iBook that has a damaged logic-board. The jist of it is that I can't charge the batteyr through the adapter (I've had the charger board replaced, didn't help.)

So basically I have an iBook that seems to work except it can't charge batteries. So I'm looking to get my hands on an external battery charger for the dual usb iBooks. I know of ther MCE one and the Hi Capacity one. However, I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a retailer that still sells them and will ship to Canada.

Anybody have any ideas?

As well: yeah, I realize that this method of problem-solving won't be very convenient, since I'll be able to use the computer for a few hours, then I'll have to wait while the battery charges again. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

cmaracz88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Toronto, ON
superbovine said:

It's only one battery at a time, however I guess that the fast charge rate is nice. Very nice indeed.

I e-mailed them and asked for a quote. I hope that they get back to me (if I recall correctly my experience with asking for prices from small mac (accessories) retailers doesn't always lead to a response.)

cmaracz88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's a bit weird. I sent an e-mail last nigth and haven't gotten a response.

I called the telephone that they post on the website, and the guy who picks up tells me he'll give me the number to Madsonline. So that was weird. And I call that number and get a "call could not be completed as dailed" message. I call again to the website number, same guy picks up, tells me he doesn't know any other way to contact them really.

Wtf?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.