Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tawcat

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2011
I finally figured out how to convert mp4 to mp3. Figured out how to clean all the hidden files off the SD card. Now I have another issue.

Is there a way to create album folders? Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

The car player plays the music by track, 01, 02, 03, 04, etc. Problem is that every album has a track 01, so I get all track 01's playing. Is there a way to create a by album sequence?

I'd like to be able to play all of Jimmy Buffet, George Strait, etc instead having them mixed with each other.

Does this even make sense? Thanks so much.

tawcat

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Does the player support folders? If so make folders.

Does it simply list tracks alphabetically? If so name the files "Artest-album-tracknumber"

It actually lists by Track number and Title. I tried adding folders, but the player didn't recognize them.

Update: So today I decided to just copy and paste the entire album folder onto the SD card. Seems this did the trick.

I also used the terminal app:

Open Terminal (in Applications/Utilities)
Enter: dot_clean
spacebar
drag the flashdrive from the Desktop to the Termnal window
press enter

It all seems to be working just fine.

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I had a similar problem, in my case it was creating an mp3 CD to play in the CD player on a Harley motorcycle.

I solved it with a little work.
You may -- or may not -- want to try this.

In my case I have artist albums as folders and songs as files within those folders.

I created a temporary "burn folder" to do my re-numbering as below.

Example:
First folder/album named "010" (and artist name)
Songs inside numbered "011", "012", etc.

Second folder/album named "020" (and artist name)
Songs inside numbered "021", "022", etc.

Then I burned this to CD it plays properly.

Aside #1:
I -do not- use iTunes as a "music manager". I keep my mp3 files "apart from iTunes", all of them arranged in folders "artist/album", etc.

Aside #2:
I also encountered a problem with Harmon-Kardon stereo on the motorcycle "choking" on album art (others with Harleys have had the same problem). I used a utility to "strip out" all the album art on the "burn folder" above before I burned it.

You may not want to do all this work.
But it works for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.