PDA

View Full Version : 17 G4 powerbook vs 15 macbook pro




tim2006
Jan 18, 2006, 08:30 AM
I am in the market for a new notebook. I would prefer not to wait to buy it but can wait. I am either going to get a 17 g4 powerbook or the new mac book pro. I am reluctant to buy a computer on ppc with the intel switch. Any advice?



TsuaSai
Jan 18, 2006, 08:34 AM
I am sure if you say you can wait people will tell you to wait. However how long are you going to have to wait before the MBP has all the kinks workout? That was my bigest question. So I just bought a iBook G4 since I didn't want to wait. When ever the MB or MBPs have been out a while and are stable I will sell it and upgrade. However I like to give things plenty of time. So I am sure I will wait well over a year. I didn't have to have the power of the PB though. But like I said if you can wait why not?

TheMasin9
Jan 18, 2006, 08:48 AM
WAIT, and get a powerbook pro, you wont be dissapointed.

Dr_Maybe
Jan 18, 2006, 10:45 AM
In a year or 2, the intel mac will probably be worth quite a bit more used. Unless you really need the power right now, I would hold the ibook and wait until the macbook pros come out.