Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Anyone who's good with photoshop, illustrator, etc.:

I think the UI design of OS X Yosemite shows a more mature and refined look and feel than iOS 7/8 even though it's supposed to better resemble it. I think maybe Jony Ive has grown as a software designer and I hope iOS 9 or 10 starts to take more design cues from its Mac counterpart.

I would love to see somebody create a mockup of iOS 9 using the design elements of Yosemite. I think it would be a great way to maybe see the evolution of Apple's new Ui direction.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
What would be different - except maybe the icons? All the transparency was taken from iOS to Yosemite, so apart from the icons I don't really see what would be that different.

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
What would be different - except maybe the icons? All the transparency was taken from iOS to Yosemite, so apart from the icons I don't really see what would be that different.

Yosemite has more legible text, actual buttons, not overly white and a proper use of translucency and drop shadows. It's a more practical UI design and while it embraces some laments of iOS 7's flat design, it creates a proper balance between that and the UI of Mavericks. I think that by bringing the more refined and improved design over to iOS would be a logical move and very likely too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.