PDA

View Full Version : TiBook battery down to 55% capacity. Where to buy?

indigoflowAS
Jan 18, 2006, 01:59 PM
my 30 month old tibook is having mad battery issues. its barely holding a charge passed 1.5hrs and will fall asleep on me w/o warning.

i would like to know where my money would be best spent in looking for a replacement battery. there are several outfits ive seen and they are running about $130. pointers in the right direction/passed experiences from anyone here?

yellow
Jan 18, 2006, 02:56 PM
I don't think it really matters. From Apple to OWC, they're all pretty much the same.

bigandy
Jan 18, 2006, 03:04 PM
Think yourself lucky - my AlBook 15" is two years old this month. i've got two batteries and neither are holding much more than 1:45. they don't, however, sleep without warning....

they are all pretty much same ol' same ol'. as recently mentioned above i'd just get it from who you're most comfortable with - apple may be the safest bet but they're certainly not the cheapest.

mrichmon
Jan 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
my 30 month old tibook is having mad battery issues. its barely holding a charge passed 1.5hrs and will fall asleep on me w/o warning.

I've been quite pleased with TiBook batteries from OWC. Their claims of increased battery capacity over Apple OEM batteries seem to be accurate in my experience.

primalman
Jan 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
Ditto OWC for everything!

TMA
Jan 18, 2006, 03:21 PM
my 30 month old tibook is having mad battery issues. its barely holding a charge passed 1.5hrs

That's actually pretty good going for a laptop that age. Also think yourself lucky it's not a PC - Most brand new PC laptops will only achieve 1-2 hours!

The reason its going to sleep without warning is that the voltage level drops sharply on older batteries. Someone else might be able to answer this - Is there any software for the mac that lets you monitor battery details and can be set up to warn when the voltage drops? I've seen PC software before that does this.