Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Right now, we're converting our iPad app for the iPhone, but we came across a problem with the printing and emailing

In our iPad App we have a sales order view, in which we screen capture the view into a PDF and print. but in the iPhone version, it captures the iPhone screen and when we print or email it the sales order is the size of the iPhone's screen.

is scaling the only option? or can i show how populate and use the iPad's PrintingView through the iPhone?

how has others solved this issue?

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
I tried doing this with an app but ended up going the harder route and actually programmatically generating a pdf document.

It might take more time, but it ends up looking a lot better, and is not resolution dependent.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
While it is possible to make views that are larger than the screen you'll get the best results from generating either pdf or html for emails.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
While it is possible to make views that are larger than the screen you'll get the best results from generating either pdf or html for emails.

Thanks, for both replies.

but if i do make a view that is larger than my screen (for temporary quicker solution than programmatically generating the PDF)

in theory it shouldn't matter if its an 4", 3.5", 5.5", or a 5.7" screen correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.