PDA

View Full Version : Just a few of my pictures with the new Camera!

Dark
Jan 19, 2006, 06:41 PM
Heres just a few of my pictures that ive taken so far with my new Digi. Rebel XT. Still getting acustomed to the new world of DSLR's so bare with me.

http://www.freewebs.com/cymx/photographyrelated.htm

Abstract
Jan 19, 2006, 06:49 PM
Haha, uh oh, I may have to start my own thread since I just got my D50 today! Got a great deal and just went for it. :D Haven't played with it yet, but I'll wait for decent weather and use my kit lense just to see what I/it can do.

And I like your photos, but this is coming from an untrained eye. So all I can say is that they look "cool," especially the "Caution" sign photo. ;)

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 19, 2006, 08:57 PM
Great eye you have there in that gallery. Also like the post processing that you used on the first few shots.

Dark
Jan 19, 2006, 09:17 PM
Wow, thanks alot! For the first few pictures I actually used the Adobe Lighroom Beta to tweak them. I always loved the world of photography, but just started getting into it, and im actually considering a career in photo journalism. Ill be sure to take some more pictures and update them as they come.

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 19, 2006, 09:38 PM
Wow, thanks alot! For the first few pictures I actually used the Adobe Lighroom Beta to tweak them. I always loved the world of photography, but just started getting into it, and im actually considering a career in photo journalism. Ill be sure to take some more pictures and update them as they come.

You're welcome; but it comes from many hours viewing royalty free disks, and some of your images would rank up there with the offerings there.

I did look at your first photo gallery, and at least for me - while they are good in some respects - they are wanting. I know in my own photography, the comments are that I have a great eye for non-people photographs. At least for something other than the grip and grin type shots. And it was in SF this past summer that I spent any real time trying my hand at "sports photography" - some street riders and boarders doing tricks down at the Ferry Building.

Maybe it is me, or my age (47 yo now), hard to connect to "street youth"; though some did try to show off for me. Others looked at me as a "threat" of some sort. I think that I would have had an easier time if I could shave 10 years off. :D

Dark
Jan 19, 2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks alot for the critique. Oh i definately know that I have a long way to go with photography. Im not fully acustomed to the camera yet so theres plenty of room to grow and improve. Hopefully through a lot of practice and advice from everyone here on the forum, I can become a great photographer.

Oh FYI. If anyone looked at the gallery called Photo's ..those arent pictures I took but pictures of me riding last year. Dont laugh they made me look slow haha.

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 19, 2006, 10:25 PM
Oh FYI. If anyone looked at the gallery called Photo's ..those arent pictures I took but pictures of me riding last year. Dont laugh they made me look slow haha.

Now I feel bad. I thought those were shots that you did of others....

Dark
Jan 19, 2006, 10:52 PM
Haha its okay i had a feeling thats what you ment. Naww those pictures are horrible I could have told you that. I race motocross, but like i said those were bad pictures from about a year ago.