Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
Hi,

I do quite a lot of graphics/motion design, and have recently received a 15" Powerbook to supplement my G5 at work. I, of course, immediately installed all the necessary programs and fonts onto the new machine, and have recently been familiarizing myself with FontExplorer X for font management. I suppose my question is this; how can I synchronize my preferences and font list from one machine to match the other? On one machine, inside of FontExplorer X, I have nice little smart folders for "grunge", "sans-serif", "script", etc, and really want to avoid having to manually go through my font library and change all of that on my other machine as well. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch.

bomeara

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2006
Los Angeles
tried doing so with Save/Load Configuration

Hey,
I'm trying to do exactly the same thing with our PowerMacs at work. Duplicated my entire FontExplorer X library to another machine. Tried Configuration/ Save from FE X on the organized machine and Configuration/ Load on the other. It did re-create my set and smart sets scheme, but there were no fonts within these sets.

bomeara

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2006
Los Angeles
FontExplorer X on multiple macs

I think I've got the answer. This is the what Linotype tech support said.

You have to copy the database too ...
Try to copy the entire folder:
[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X

eyeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
bomeara said:
I think I've got the answer. This is the what Linotype tech support said.

You have to copy the database too ...
Try to copy the entire folder:
[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X

This is fantastic! I will definitely give this a try... thanks for the response, and glad you figured it out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.