PDA

View Full Version : NEC 2510A(External Enclosure/12"PBG4-1.5/10.4.4

xperton3
Jan 19, 2006, 11:27 PM
help.....
i hooked up my NEC2510a to an external enclosure, i tried a firewire enclosure along with a USB2.0 one, and i keep getting the same error messages when burning on a DVD+R Dual Layer. The Error message on Toast 7 is : Interface Not Supported.....what the heck does this mean and how can i fix this (if there is a way).

thanks guys

livingfortoday
Jan 19, 2006, 11:49 PM
I have that EXACT drive hooked up through Firewire (on sale in the Marketplace now!), and I got the same message when I used media that was rated as too fast for the drive. I think it will only do 4x DL burning, so check and see that the media isn't faster than that.

xperton3
Jan 19, 2006, 11:57 PM
hmm.....well, the media im using is Memorex 2.4X DVD+RDL.....
i also just check the firmware on my drive and its 2.05.....which firmware do u have, if that matters...

livingfortoday
Jan 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
hmm.....well, the media im using is Memorex 2.4X DVD+RDL.....
i also just check the firmware on my drive and its 2.05.....which firmware do u have, if that matters...

I don't know, honestly, it's not hooked up anymore. Uh, I used Patchburn to make mine compatible with my Mac, you might wanna try the newest version of that program. I don't know what else to say other than that, though.

Are you using Toast 7 in Tiger? It never worked right under Panther for me.

xperton3
Jan 20, 2006, 09:42 AM
I don't know, honestly, it's not hooked up anymore. Uh, I used Patchburn to make mine compatible with my Mac, you might wanna try the newest version of that program. I don't know what else to say other than that, though.

Are you using Toast 7 in Tiger? It never worked right under Panther for me.

yeah toast 7 in tiger, and patchburn sux, how the hell do u get that program to work.....i told it to install for my drive and now it says in OSX that this drive is not supported....wtf is going on....'

xperton3
Jan 20, 2006, 02:49 PM
alright guys, i have given up all hope on this drive.....i cant even perform a flash on it.....i tried everything, i even tried flashing it in a PC with no luck.....ok so my next step is what is a confirmed working DVD+RDL drive which is compatible with OSX10.4.4 and Toast 7?

thanks for all the help...

xperton3
Jan 20, 2006, 02:51 PM
oh yeah, and whats this marketplace you guys talk about?

livingfortoday
Jan 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
I... don't know what to tell ya. The marketplace is a part of the forums here, go up to the top of the page and where it says Mac Forums > Mac Hardware > etc... click "Mac Hardware" and then the last of the five links is the marketplace.

xperton3
Jan 20, 2006, 04:54 PM
I... don't know what to tell ya. The marketplace is a part of the forums here, go up to the top of the page and where it says Mac Forums > Mac Hardware > etc... click "Mac Hardware" and then the last of the five links is the marketplace.

yeah i found that....also, i saw on newegg.com they have a LACIE drive for 77 bux....that should be cool right?

livingfortoday
Jan 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
yeah i found that....also, i saw on newegg.com they have a LACIE drive for 77 bux....that should be cool right?

It depends. If it says it's Mac compatible, you should be okay. You can also go to lacie.com and check out their clearance stuff, it's pretty cheap. Some PC drives can be flashed with Patchburn to get them to work in Macs, apparently yours couldn't I'm sorry. They're kinda cheaper, but if it messes up, you're out a drive. I'm also selling an external DVD-RW DL drive in the Marketplace, here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2073770 it'll work with a mac, 'cause I've used it with one!

Good luck either way, with whatever you get!

xperton3
Jan 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
It depends. If it says it's Mac compatible, you should be okay. You can also go to lacie.com and check out their clearance stuff, it's pretty cheap. Some PC drives can be flashed with Patchburn to get them to work in Macs, apparently yours couldn't I'm sorry. They're kinda cheaper, but if it messes up, you're out a drive. I'm also selling an external DVD-RW DL drive in the Marketplace, here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2073770 it'll work with a mac, 'cause I've used it with one!

Good luck either way, with whatever you get!

what firmware do u have on that drive?

livingfortoday
Jan 21, 2006, 01:15 PM
what firmware do u have on that drive?

I don't know. All I know is that I used Patchburn 4 to make it compatible with my Cube and Powerbook, and that it works fine.