PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Might Be Mac-Curious

MacBytes
Jan 20, 2006, 12:15 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Humor
Link: I Think I Might Be Mac-Curious (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060120011536)
Description:: Martin Sargent has always been a diehard PC guy. But ever since this yearís MacWorld Expo in San Francisco, he's been feeling kind of funny inside. Different. To put it bluntly, he canít stop thinking about getting my hands on a Mac

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

simX
Jan 20, 2006, 12:47 AM
Does this link work for anyone? :confused:

Yeah it works.

But I think it's funny how the guy says, "Macs arenít looked down upon anymore, the way they were during the days of the Lisa". While the Mac and the Lisa did coexist for a time, the Lisa came out first. So it's funny to say that Macs were looked down upon "during the days of the Lisa", because for a a year during the days of the Lisa, the Mac wasn't even released.

2nyRiggz
Jan 20, 2006, 01:41 AM
Who cares what Martin likes or want. If he's hard up for one then he should just put himself out of his pain and buy one.

Bless

bigandy
Jan 20, 2006, 05:18 AM
why, dear god, why, was this drivel linked?

i've not seen such a bad article linked through macbytes in a long time.

.Andy
Jan 20, 2006, 05:41 AM
I don't think it's that bad. It's not meant to be factually correct - just a humorous piece on being smitten from a PC'ers POV. Gave me a good chuckle and reminded me of the time I was a naive but in love. My first was a beautiful graphite G4 tower at university.

kiwi-in-uk
Jan 20, 2006, 07:19 AM
What's most interesting is the feedback - especially the few negative posts, and the small number of vitriolic negative posts that promote Windows.

SPUY767
Jan 20, 2006, 07:29 AM
I did notice, while perusing the comments after the article, that some dipshit decided that it would be great to revive the "Security through Obscurity" argument that I thought died years ago. Funny how people will say that until their tongues are cut out by German BND agents when you are talking about your mac, but they shut the hell up when aomeone mentions a IIS server as opposed to an Apache. Funny indeed.

jkhanson
Jan 20, 2006, 08:40 AM
why, dear god, why, was this drivel linked?

i've not seen such a bad article linked through macbytes in a long time.

I'm glad it was linked . . .It gave me a big laugh.

otter-boy
Jan 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
I'm glad it was linked . . .It gave me a big laugh.

I, too, enjoyed it. I especially liked the Brokeback Mountain reference.

Personally, I can't stand how often stories from Macsimum News are linked--some of their articles are good, but the vast majority are poorly thought-out and written even worse. I feel like I've wasted part of my life every time I accidently click on a Macsimum News link.

But I guess different people are interested in different types of articles/blogs/etc. concerning Apple and Macs, so I welcome the variety.

Seasought
Jan 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
The coffee shop incident was funny. I didn't mind reading it, but I'm always up for reading about switchers or potential switchers.

plinden
Jan 20, 2006, 10:51 AM
I thought it was funny.

It reminded me of when I first started reading literature. I would walk through the aisles of the bookshop, dart down the one labelled "Serious Fiction", quickly grab a Gabriel Garcia Marquez or Heinrich Boll, and carry it in the middle of a pile of Tom Clancy or Michael Crichton in the hope that no one would notice. There was always a bit of embarrassment at the checkout, but I learned to vary the bookshops I visited or go to the larger ones where the staff turnover would be higher. I don't know what people in small towns do.

I got bolder though, and now carry my serious fiction in the open.

SiliconAddict
Jan 20, 2006, 10:53 AM
Good for him. It takes a strong person to come out of the box. :eek: :D

Eidorian
Jan 20, 2006, 11:00 AM
It's a cute story. Yeah, it sounds like me using OS X for the first time. Now it's ALL the time. :cool:

Neuro
Jan 20, 2006, 07:16 PM
Cool :)

Humour is a good thing. Laugh. It's good for you.