Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Why am i not surprised by this

Miike is probably one of the best directors on the planet right now, yet he is not known in america that well, except for people like me that go out and look for his movies.

The next movie i am getting of his is Gozu.

I don't see what the big deal is with his movies? what is the matter with a woman on a date with Dr. Coat Hanger (which is in this episode apparently). Or Dead or ALive, what is the matter with any of it? It is brilliant in my mind.

revfife

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
In a far country
Miike pushes the limits past any known boundaries when it comes to his films. I refuse to watch Audition because the trailer alone is enough to make me wince. I love the horror genre but I love the horror story more. Takashi Shimizu is a far better storyteller. What gets me about this story is Showtime should have known what they were going to get from Miike before they tapped him to do a short story. I don't know why they pulled the plug now.

Also they took the trailer down from the website.

grizzlybrice

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Playa Del Rey, CA
you really haven't lived until you saw "The Happiness of the Katakuris". Quite amazing that one could go from a film like Audition to this. Love it soooo much. It is very deeply implanted into my heart.

If you have seen this you know what I am talking about. If not, you know you must see this film. Just throw all your thoughts of what a movie can be out the window and just relax and go for the ride.

B

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
revfife said:
Miike pushes the limits past any known boundaries when it comes to his films. I refuse to watch Audition because the trailer alone is enough to make me wince. I love the horror genre but I love the horror story more. Takashi Shimizu is a far better storyteller. What gets me about this story is Showtime should have known what they were going to get from Miike before they tapped him to do a short story. I don't know why they pulled the plug now.

Also they took the trailer down from the website.

Actually, he has done a variety of genres with an odd edge in each.

I didn't think that Audition was scary but then, I still don't understand what's scary about Ringu, either. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.