PDA

View Full Version : ThinkMac.org Free Price Qote for your Mac or iPod

MacBytes
Jan 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Mac Websites
Link: ThinkMac.org Free Price Qote for your Mac or iPod (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060120181611)
Description:: Did you just buy a used Mac or are you looking to sell your older Mac? ThinkMac.org will give you a free price quote for the current value of your Mac or iPod.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

G5Unit
Jan 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
Hey Doucy made this website

doucy2
Jan 20, 2006, 05:41 PM
Actually ipacmm designed it
He and I are partners in this site

Thanks MacBytes & MacRumors for posting this.

rikers_mailbox
Jan 20, 2006, 05:48 PM
no option for G3 iMac (CRT) ?? Aren't those still worth $$? :eek: :p

doucy2
Jan 20, 2006, 05:51 PM
no option for G3 iMac (CRT) ?? Aren't those still worth $$? :eek: :p
Yea those do have some value, although not much.
We can add an option for that.
Thanks for the suguestion.

rikers_mailbox
Jan 20, 2006, 05:53 PM
yea those have some value lol not much
we can add an option for that
thanks for the suguestion

thanks! Feel free to generously appraise my system. :D

... the iMac is actually quite loaded. I upgraded like crazy from parts off of craigslist (someplace you should advertise. Jokers on there are asking waaaay too much). It runs Tiger nicely.

kugino
Jan 20, 2006, 07:07 PM
interesting. i just sent in a request.

couple of questions...how are you basing the appraisals? on avg. prices on ebay, or some other method? if it's a "trade secret," no worries.

also, your drop-down menu should have a little more detail on models...for instance, for the dual 2.0 G5 PM, there should be revA, revB distinctions since they are quite different machines...just a thought.

keep up the good work.

ipacmm
Jan 20, 2006, 07:10 PM
Wow, thanks MacBytes and MR for posting this. If you have any questions or have any site feedback please let us know.

jholzner
Jan 20, 2006, 07:44 PM
I have a PowerMac G4 400Mhz but it isn't an option. I hope to get a new mac within the year. Wonder how much it's worth. I'd like to get 200 for the computer and 17"CRT ADC monitor. Is that possible?

ipacmm
Jan 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
I have a PowerMac G4 400Mhz but it isn't an option. I hope to get a new mac within the year. Wonder how much it's worth. I'd like to get 200 for the computer and 17"CRT ADC monitor. Is that possible?

We have made a place for you to enter your Mac if you don't see it:

"If you do not see your Mac, type it in here:"

Just type it in there and we will send you the quote.

Some_Big_Spoon
Jan 20, 2006, 08:57 PM
I submitted my info for a quote on a lark, and after a bit of back and forth I got a quote of $1850 for a month old 20' imac G5 (isight), w/ 2.5GB of Apple RAM.

so, retail, it's about $2900, and they're saying $1850. Not bad, not great, but they have to make a profit.

I'm going to guess I'd get several hundred more if I cut out the middle man and went right for ebay. I could cover the cost of a new iMac Duo and probably have some serious change left over.

Good luck though guys!

doucy2
Jan 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
I submitted my info for a quote on a lark, and after a bit of back and forth I got a quote of $1850 for a month old 20' imac G5 (isight), w/ 2.5GB of Apple RAM.

so, retail, it's about $2900, and they're saying $1850. Not bad, not great, but they have to make a profit.

I'm going to guess I'd get several hundred more if I cut out the middle man and went right for ebay. I could cover the cost of a new iMac Duo and probably have some serious change left over.

Good luck though guys!
sorry about that
we were overwhelmed with quotes tonight over 100 and finally got through them all
good luck with your future purcahses and please return to the site ofter.

We have had a tremendous ammount of submission in the last few hours and responded to almost all of them, thanks everyone and we'll keep the quotes comming.

kugino
Jan 20, 2006, 09:37 PM
thanks guys, just received my appraisal...it's within $150 of what i had thought...

grapes911
Jan 20, 2006, 09:59 PM
If you have any questions or have any site feedback please let us know.
I have some feedback. Do you really expect people to trust a site made in RapidWeaver? I really get turned off just by seeing this overused template. IMO, if you really want this site to succeed, you'll have to make an original website. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's just my personal feelings.

LimeiBook86
Jan 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
Very cool site. :D Cool design too :) Good work.

doucy2
Jan 20, 2006, 10:08 PM
I have some feedback. Do you really expect people to trust a site made in RapidWeaver? I really get turned off just by seeing this overused template. IMO, if you really want this site to succeed, you'll have to make an original website. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's just my personal feelings.
Thank you grapes for your input. This is very true and the second time this has been brought up to me. Please keep in mind that this site is only 72 hours old. We will be updating the site much in the near future, we just need to start from somewhere.

Thanks again for your input, please visit often and tell all of your friends.

Some_Big_Spoon
Jan 20, 2006, 11:02 PM
Not to have you give away your trade secrets and all, but is 36% going to be your standard margin? If so, that's sure hefty.

sorry about that
we were overwhelmed with quotes tonight over 100 and finally got through them all
good luck with your future purcahses and please return to the site ofter.

We have had a tremendous ammount of submission in the last few hours and responded to almost all of them, thanks everyone and we'll keep the quotes comming.

asthma
Jan 21, 2006, 10:18 AM
how long does it usually take to get an e-mail back about quote? and do you offer any trades or store credit?

ipacmm
Jan 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
how long does it usually take to get an e-mail back about quote? and do you offer any trades or store credit?

It usually doesn't take that long for you to receive your quote but we have been so swamped with quotes and are working from the bottom up. If you would like to PM me with your email address I can look to see where you are at on the list.

Thanks.

ipacmm
Jan 21, 2006, 12:50 PM

The new site is up, I would like to thank amacgenius for helping out with this.

skoker
Jan 23, 2006, 06:28 AM
The new site is up, I would like to thank amacgenius for helping out with this.

hmm, that design looks familiar.......

ipacmm
Jan 23, 2006, 11:20 AM
hmm, that design looks familiar.......

where have you seen it at?